Friday 1 March 2013

Casamento

After our hugely successful open weekend earlier this month, we have been taking a look back and featuring some of the brilliant suppliers who made the day so special.
Today we catch up with Casamento, the home of wedding photography by Joe Short in Bath, who took the time to tell us a bit more about himself and his work.

"I photographed my first wedding when I was 17 (and have often thought "brave client" since!), but it went really well and I was asked to shoot more weddings from that day onwards. I was shooting on medium format film cameras mostly. Having spent long hours hand processing and printing images in the darkroom, I got some really good experience before moving into digital capture.

I operate as a reportage documentary photographer, working much more in the background, capturing moments as they happen naturally. It's obviously crucial to get photographs that the couple can treasure for ever, but not at the cost of an overbearing photographer on the day. Remembering why we are all there is something that can get get lost in the build up and fuss and I always encourage couples not to worry (come the day) and to just concentrate on each other.

I utterly love the buzz of a wedding. It's totally special for the couple getting married and their guests and family - but it's also special for me. Telling the story of a day that they have probably imagined their whole lives is a real honour. It’s a wedding, not a photo shoot. My part is to capture stunning images of the couple, their friends and family in a relaxed and unobtrusive way. I would want everyone to remember their wedding day for being both incredibly special and really good fun!"

Please enjoy below a collection of images from 3 Maunsel House weddings shot by Casamento


The most beautiful wedding venue in Somerset

























Somerset wedding venues | Wedding venues in the south west

Maunsel House, one of the most charismatic Somerset Wedding VenuesOne of the most beautiful wedding venues in Somerset, maunsel house, hosting wedding receptions, country weddings, civil ceremonies, civil partnerships

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More